Kentucky Derby RV Special! Join us for an unforgettable 3-day stay for $120 – water, sewer, trash, and electric included!
With thousands of people headed to Louisville to join in on the Derby festivities, take refuge in our calm, scenic community without missing any of the action. We are just 20 minutes away from the Churchill Downs track.
Enjoy two weeks of Kentucky Derby festivities, including:
- Thunder Over Louisville – the Derby Festival's extravagant Opening Ceremonies. Enjoy free concerts throughout the day, grab a bite to eat at the Waterfront Chow Wagon, and bring a chair to watch the incredible fireworks display over the Second Street Bridge. Waterfront Park is a short 15-minute drive from the Silver Lakes community.
- The Oaks Day and Derby Day – A 20-minute drive will take you right to the heart of the action – Churchill Downs. Don your best seersucker suit, favorite summer dress, and an eye-catching hat to fully dive into the spirit and excitement of The Oaks Day and Derby Day.
- Thunder Air Show
- King Southern Bank Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation Pro AM Golf Tournament
- U.S. Bank Derby Festival Great Balloon Glimmer
- U.S. Bank Derby Festival Great Balloon Race
- Great Steamboat Race
Looking for a break from the crowds?
- Relax at one of our beautiful fishing ponds
- Stop by Hidden Creek Golf Club for a round of 18 holes, a short 10-minute drive away.
- Enjoy great shopping at the nearby Green Tree Mall.
- Catch a movie at River Falls 12 Theater, just 5 minutes away.
- A wide variety of restaurants and shopping are also available on Veterans Parkway.
- Check out Louisville's lively downtown shops and restaurants. Downtown bakery Cake Flour, was recently featured on the Food Network's The Best Thing I Ever Ate, featuring their flour-less chocolate cake.